"It was incredible! I can't wait to go back next year! " Shannon M.
The Competition - April 22-26 | Linda Chapin Theater
The World Ballet Competition opens with five days of intensely competitive and juried solo & ensemble performances from dancers representing 25 countries. They will vie for more than $300K in scholarships, cash prizes and contract offers from dance companies around the world. Now in its 13th year, the WBC continues to attract leading celebrities from the global dance industry while furthering the careers of future artistic talent worldwide.
Orlando residents and visitors alike are encouraged to attend the daily competition rounds for a suggested donation of $10 at the door.
The Finale - April 27 | Linda Chapin Theater
The week-long “Olympics of Dance” culminates with a star-studded evening of magnificent performances from globally recognized talent and WBC soloists and ensembles. Matt Palm of the Orlando Sentinel, named the evening “A steady stream of wow-wow-wow.”
More information about the World Ballet Competition can be found at worldballetcompetition.com
In the press:
- "made for a three-hour extravaganza of bravura dancing — perhaps a tad too much of a good thing. But as the performers leaped into the air, my weary spirit rose with them." - Mathew J. Palm, Orlando Sentinel [read]
- "It's a steady stream of wow-wow-wow." - Matthew J. Palm, Orlando Sentinel [read]
- "Plenty of bravura fireworks to please ballet purists [...] But there also was drama and innovation in contemporary work, quieter pieces performed with rare conviction, and an impressive new work..." - Diane Hubbard Burns, Orlando Sentinel [read]
- "Best of the world dancers performed amazing acts. We felt honored to witness the show." Sheila B.
- "It was an insane experance! I have been ballet fan for a long time but have never seen anything like this! Amazing." Anna A.
- "This show is extraordinary. I wish there were more excellent shows like this in Orlando." Mary C.
- "This was an amazing evening of great dance. Want much more of it in Orlando!" Doris L.